• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
In Developer Options, I just turned on its "Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging":

Screenshot_20200522-201807.png

...and then asked myself, where is the Wi-Fi log stored? :thinking:

And there I had myself! Help? :D

The basic description for Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging refers to showing more in the Wi-Fi Picker so if you go to your Settings >> WiFi menu this will be evident when you toggle that option on or off -- stuff like channel frequency and router's MAC address.
Otherwise it doesn't appear to be an actual increase what's being logged, it's more of a matter of just displaying relevant info or not. If you're on a rooted device the wpa_supplicant.conf file retains that info, and what gets displayed or not can be determined by toggling that option.
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
If your device isn't rooted, you can see that same data-set using an app like 'WiFi Analyzer (open-source)' by just tapping on a WiFi entry to display its details:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en_US

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
If you're on a rooted device the wpa_supplicant.conf file retains that info, and what gets displayed or not can be determined by toggling that option.
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
If your device isn't rooted, you can see that same data-set using an app like
MiXplorer Silver :D

My device is not rooted--but MiXplorer gives me access to the entire device. I had already found--but dismissed without looking at it!--the file you mentioned. From its name, I deduced that it was a configuration file, not a log.
you can see that same data-set using an app like 'WiFi Analyzer (open-source)' by just tapping on a WiFi entry to display its details:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en_US
I have an app coincidentally named 'WiFi Analyzer,' but hadn't even thought of looking in it. I was thinking strictly OS-level log file.

As for 'verbose'...believe me, *I* know what that means! :eek: Most of my posts are quite guilty of being verbose, but I give explicit details to be sure they're clear to the OP.

Thanks for your help, @svim. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones