1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wi-Fi login loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HtlTngChrl1XRY, May 7, 2012.

1. HtlTngChrl1XRY

None

May 7, 2012
    Hey guys,

I don't usually post threads in forums but this time I've have got a problem with my HTC One X which I can't seem to resolve.
    First of all I just want to say that it's an amazing phone and, coming from a guy who previously had a blackberry (terrible phone), I wouldn't want anyting else anymore. But here's the problem;

Whenever I (try to) login on my home Wi-Fi, it keeps saying 'verifying', 'scanning' and 'connecting' without it actually connecting with Wi-Fi. But after some hours it sometimes manages to connect and the connection is really good. But then when I lose my WiFi for a brief moment, it takes ages again (sometimes 4 hours!) for it to connect.
    Again saying it's 'scanning', 'verifying' and 'connecting' without connecting. The strange thing is, that when I click on my router it says 'connection: excellent' but when I try to connect it says 'connection: terrible' (translated) with 'link strength: -1Mbps'.

Another weird thing is that it only happens with my home Wi-Fi, I can connect at a friends house, school and restaurant or even any other Wi-Fi that comes on the list next to my home Wi-Fi just fine.

I really hope someone can figures this out for me, because I've been searching everywhere without finding this problem anywhere.

Thanx,

John

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Hi John, assigning yourself a static IP has been known to fix a number of Wi-Fi issues, have you tried that?

HtlTngChrl1XRY and EarlyMon like this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    ^This, what El Presidente said - plus, also try resetting your home router. I've seen that fix that same issue often (not always, but often).

HtlTngChrl1XRY likes this.
  4. HtlTngChrl1XRY

None

May 7, 2012
    Thanks for replying,

I've tried putting IP on static but whenever I do that, it doesn't let me connect because the connect button is greyed out then.
    I can only put it on DHCP. I've also reset my router numerous times but it still doesn't work like it's supposed to, still gives me the wifi login loop.
    Remember this only happens to my home Wi-Fi, I can log into any other one just fine. So it is probably a router issue because it obviously isn't the phone (connects to every other wifi just fine)
    But I can't seem to find out what exactly is the routerproblem.

5. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
  6. HtlTngChrl1XRY

None

May 7, 2012
    Nope, can't update firmware. No thanks, I've been digging around myself but I couldn't find a solution. I remember, though, that someone in some topic advised to download Wi-Fi Analyzer and see if your router is overloaded with busy channels. But I have no idea how you can switch channels.

7. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    It's done on the router itself, what's the make and model and I'll see if I can dig out instructions.

8. HtlTngChrl1XRY

None

May 7, 2012
    It's a Dlink DIR-301 but I think I found out what's wrong.

I logged into my router from my PC and just began testing some different options . I made my Wi-Fi-channel unsecured (no WPA/WPA2) and I managed to get a connection in seconds! No loop, no hassle just instantly a connection. So my phone clashes with my router security it seems, because when I put it back on secure (WPA/WPA2) from my computer, I get the loop again. Hope anyone can figure out how I can fix this?

Tags: