1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Wi-Fi not in range remembered

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nools, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Nools

Nools Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Help! After working perfectly since I got my HTC Desire phone just over a year ago, I am now getting the above message when I try to connect to my Sky wi-fi. I have deleted & added the network numerous times with no luck. I also downloaded a Wi-Fi fixer from the Android Market but that didn't work either.

Coincidentally I set up a new Panasonic landline phone yesterday (just before the Wi-fi problem began) but according to what I have read on the internet, DECT phones should not affect Wi-Fi. The filter is still in place that I got from Sky when set up the internet modem.

I have spent 2 hours on the internet trying to work out how to fix it so would be very grateful for help. I am usually pretty savvy when it comes to technology but this has me beaten!!

Many thanks.

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Power down the DECT phone to rule it out completely firstly

3. Nools

Nools Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks for your reply! I managed to work it out myself which I should have done within minutes. I had installed a video sender recently to enable a new portable TV to be used & totally forgot that this can interfere with wi-fi! Solution - switch off video sender if need wi-fi on phone. In the words of the ad - simples!

Tags: