1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wi-fi not in range when it is, data icon issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlee1001, Jun 3, 2011.

1. dlee1001

dlee1001 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Hi, I recently got a brand new Samsung Infuse 4G from AT&T, and I love it. But there are some things that I found which might be glitches within the software.

One of them is the Wi-fi. When I leave my house (which has my own Wi-fi) and come back after a few hours, I check my phone and it didn't re-connect to the Wi-fi. I checked the network settings on the phone and it says my Wi-fi is not in range, but is remembered. Why does this happen? Sometimes I have to turn the Wi-fi chip off and turn it on again, sometimes I have to play around with the other remembered networks for the phone to come back to its senses.

Yet another glitch I found is that when the phone does connect to my Wi-fi, the data indicator (H+ and the up/down arrow) sometimes doesn't disappear, leading to the following icon arrangement (from left to right):

1. Wi-fi
    2. Data
    3. Cell signal strength
    4. Battery
    5. Clock

I believe the data indicator shouldn't be there when I'm connected to Wi-fi. Sometimes the data icon does disappear, but other times it doesn't. Why?

Can someone please explain these problems to me? Do you have the same problems?

Advertisement

2. msnyder

msnyder Lurker
    None

May 22, 2011
    I have the same issue but with bluetooth in my truck. Turni t off, then back on and it's connected. No idea why.

3. mtrussell07

mtrussell07 Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    I am having the same issue! Is there a fix yet for this?

4. Cardshark

Cardshark Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    Sales
    Phila Pa
    I have the same issue.I have to turn the Wi-Fi on and off for it to work.........Kinda weak......I did return my first phone because of this issue and the guy in the store was looking at me like I was crazy until I showed him on the new phone how it would not connect automatically.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Same issue here....phone sits there and says obtaining ip address but never connects. I have only had the phone for 24 hours so i will continue to mess with it. Bluetooth connects flawlessly. Wifi had to be cycled on and off before it would connect

6. Jerome10

Jerome10 Newbie
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I have the EXACT same thing. It is happening right now. Been home 20 minutes still not connected to wifi. And earlier today, I saw the H+ not disappear either.

I also think the wifi signal seems a little weak. Where my computer gets half to 3/4 strength, the Infuse gets pretty much nothing. Where the Kindle gets signal, the Infuse gets nothing.

Do you also have this issue?

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Not having that issue at all. Wifi reception appears to be identical to our nook, aria and inspire and evo ....

I am watching my wifi menu though and noticing that even though it is connected to my home network it is continuously scanning for new networks.