1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wi-Fi not showing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MartinMalley, Dec 27, 2013.

1. MartinMalley

MartinMalley Lurker

I started the process to root my wife's samsung transform ultra. Didn't do it right and the phone rebooted back to stock. That's when I noticed there was no Wi-Fi. Checked the settings and it was turned off. Turned it on and it scans, but cannot find my home network. I have no idea how long the wireless has been off/not working!

Went ahead and finished the root and installed megatron 6.2, but it didn't fix/change the wireless issue.

I've done some searching and this doesn't seem to be a common issue. Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

2. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

try resetting your router and or modem,should be good after that i experienced that once when i flashed a different rom

3. MartinMalley

MartinMalley Lurker

Well, that seemed to be the ticket. I reset the cisco, then changed the wireless band to 5ghz and the channel width to auto (which restarted the wireless services). Turned off/on the phone wireless and the network reappeared.

But then none of the other machines in the house could see the wireless.

Thanks!

4. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

no problem did you get the other devices connected

5. MartinMalley

MartinMalley Lurker

No, had to drop back. So tomorrow I'm going to try 5 again, then restart all the other devices. When I dropped back, the phone lost the network again.

6. MartinMalley

MartinMalley Lurker

So after checking, not all my devices are 5ghz compatible, so I have to stick with 2.4, which the transform isn't seeing. Anyone have any ideas? can I tell the phone to only look for 2.4 or something?

7. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

maybe try changing router channel to 11

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews