1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wi-Fi probems and more

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andyi, Jan 18, 2016.

1. andyi

andyi Lurker

I've had my G3 for 18 months now and over the past 4 weeks I've had problems with the wifi dropping and reconnecting again. I tried the tips from people I found on other websites but nothing cured the problem. Usually I would forget the wifi and then reconnect to it. That would usually work for a few hours, but then it would drop again.

Around the same time my SD card would unmount too. I originally put that down to it being old, so I bought a new one, but again, same problem. I've not been using one since.

3 days ago the battery drained itself within a couple of hours and the phone failed to connect to any wifi at all.
    In fact it kept resetting itself and I had to take the battery out so it could turn on again.
    I purchased a new battery and the life has improved a bit but the wifi problems persist.

I did a factory reset hoping that would cure the problem, but nope, still not connecting to any wifi.

I was a sent here to seek advice from a Techie Forum, so hopefully you can help me out!
    I've had a quick look and I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the root and flash talk....
    Does this problem all come down to Lollipop being a pain in the ass?
    Is rooting the only way to get around it?

Thanks in advance!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. caligirl66

caligirl66 Lurker

Did you ever get a solution to your issue. I am having the same issue as well as other issues and my phone is just a year old.

3. andyi

andyi Lurker

Yeah took it to a repair shop who diagnosed that a chip on the motherboard was not working. Unfortunately the whole motherboard has to be replaced apparently. Decided not to bother and continued to use the phone. Then about a week later it wouldn't turn on at all. Going to sell it for spares and in the meantime bought an LG Leon from Argos to last until my contact runs out..... Hopefully yours will be under warranty still.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews