• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-Fi problem since 2.2 update

Like most of you, I upgraded eagerly to Froyo when it came out. However, there seems to be a problem with the Wi-Fi on mine. At the beginning, it simply would not connect, with the messages rather being about it identifying the IP (and failing) or it simply being "disabled". I reset my router and that seemed to work. However, I now have a new problem which hasn't been solved despite multiple restarts of my router. Basically, my Wi-Fi connects but applications like Twitter, Market etc will not "load". They all say connection error or just do not respond. It can't be my router's fault because my laptop works fine, and, my Wi-Fi worked perfectly fine when my Europa was 2.1. I have never installed anything unofficial on it, only the official updates and firmware. I'm on O2 if you need to know.

Please help, I'm stuck using my plain old mobile data connection for the internet!

Like most of you, I upgraded eagerly to Froyo when it came out. However, there seems to be a problem with the Wi-Fi on mine. At the beginning, it simply would not connect, with the messages rather being about it identifying the IP (and failing) or it simply being "disabled". I reset my router and that seemed to work. However, I now have a new problem which hasn't been solved despite multiple restarts of my router. Basically, my Wi-Fi connects but applications like Twitter, Market etc will not "load". They all say connection error or just do not respond. It can't be my router's fault because my laptop works fine, and, my Wi-Fi worked perfectly fine when my Europa was 2.1. I have never installed anything unofficial on it, only the official updates and firmware. I'm on O2 if you need to know.

Please help, I'm stuck using my plain old mobile data connection for the internet!

Please, share you thoughts on FroYo issues here : http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-europa-5/362563-my-5-reasons-not-update-stock-froyo.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones