1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wi-Fi Problem

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Eboga, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Eboga

Eboga Lurker

Hi, guys.
    I've faced Wi-Fi problem since I came back from work that my Wi-Fi won't connect. "Saved" but no any connections. However, yesterday at my home it worked normally. By the way I just bought this phone yesterday though.
    I've tried to deal with it by forgetting this network and re-connect which it didn't work.
    Then, I had to restart my phone. Fortunately, it works!
    Does anyone know how this problem caused?
    It makes me upset because I don't know whether this is the bug or hardware problem. Will it happen again? Do I need to restart my device every time?

Lollipop 5.1.1

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Go into settings
    wifi (or long press wifi in the pulldown)
    check that "smart network switch" is enabled.

It may be that your home and work wifi services use different frequenct bands and this setting is needed to allow auto switching.

3. Eboga

Eboga Lurker

Hi, girolez

I can't find "smart network switch" on my device, Sony Xperia Z5.

Thank you for the response.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

You've restarted your phone, try restarting your home WiFi router, as it might be that acting funky. Quite a common problem.

5. Eboga

Eboga Lurker

Hi, mikedt

It's my bad that I didn't tell earlier that I've restarted my home Wi-Fi router too which it didn't work. So, I've restarted my phone after that.

Thank you for your suggestion.

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

When your Z5 wasn't connecting to your home WiFi, did you check to see if it was receiving an IP address from your router? (When you're in the 'Settings' menu and click once on your home WiFi's name and a window should pop up indicating general info like status and the IP address.) Also, is your home network on a DSL or cable connection and which service are you using?

7. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

(that setting I mentioned is a Samsung thing)

A few thoughts:

Are you set up as a different user at work? (in which case your work "user" account may not contain your home wifi settings.)
    Do you use a vpn at work?

Once you have it connected at home (having restarted the phone), can you disconnect the wifi and reconnect without having to reboot the phone? (just using the pulldown settings)

When it is not connecting at home (on your return from work) have you tried
    menu
    settings
    wifi
    menu (three dots)
    refresh

8. hiccup

hiccup Lurker

Hi,
    try!
    delete a saved Wifi network from your phone or tablet, all you need to do is go to the Wifi section of your settings menu. Find the network you want to get rid of. Long press it, then chose "Forget."
    [​IMG]

9. CenturionB

CenturionB Well-Known Member

HI!
    I think it's software problem, this can be repeated.