• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-Fi Problem

Eboga

Lurker
Feb 15, 2016
Hi, guys.
I've faced Wi-Fi problem since I came back from work that my Wi-Fi won't connect. "Saved" but no any connections. However, yesterday at my home it worked normally. By the way I just bought this phone yesterday though.
I've tried to deal with it by forgetting this network and re-connect which it didn't work.
Then, I had to restart my phone. Fortunately, it works!
Does anyone know how this problem caused?
It makes me upset because I don't know whether this is the bug or hardware problem. Will it happen again? Do I need to restart my device every time?

Lollipop 5.1.1

12696230_1262823557066578_749802345_n.jpg

Hi

Go into settings
wifi (or long press wifi in the pulldown)
check that "smart network switch" is enabled.

It may be that your home and work wifi services use different frequenct bands and this setting is needed to allow auto switching.

Hi, girolez

I can't find "smart network switch" on my device, Sony Xperia Z5.

Thank you for the response.

Upvote 0
When your Z5 wasn't connecting to your home WiFi, did you check to see if it was receiving an IP address from your router? (When you're in the 'Settings' menu and click once on your home WiFi's name and a window should pop up indicating general info like status and the IP address.) Also, is your home network on a DSL or cable connection and which service are you using?

Upvote 0
Hi

(that setting I mentioned is a Samsung thing)

A few thoughts:

Are you set up as a different user at work? (in which case your work "user" account may not contain your home wifi settings.)
Do you use a vpn at work?

Once you have it connected at home (having restarted the phone), can you disconnect the wifi and reconnect without having to reboot the phone? (just using the pulldown settings)

When it is not connecting at home (on your return from work) have you tried
menu
settings
wifi
menu (three dots)
refresh

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones