1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wi Fi problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carthwright, Jun 18, 2011.

1. carthwright

carthwright Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Really sorry if this has all ready been posted.

Having a bit of mare today, firstly bought a HTC Desire (secondhand). Got it home and tried to connect it to my router wirelessly. Everything went well upto the point where it said obtaining address, where it then gave up and said unsuccessful. I have tried searching online for a solution and am probably being dumb but can't work out whats wrong. My Broadband is provided by Talk Talk, think it says I have a D-Link router.

Secondly I made an account on Android Marketplace this morning (Email verification didn't make it to my account for some reason.), but when I try and click log in (firefox and IE) nothing happens now.

Again sorry if I am being dumb but right now I know not what to do.

Advertisement

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    For WiFi, I'd try to connect the phone to a public free hotsopt, like McDonalds.
    If the connection is OK, then you need to check your router settings.

On the phone, go to settings and accounts&sync. Add a gmail account if you don't have one yet and sync it. On PC go to your account settings in Marketplace, remove your data, logout/login, input your data again and save.

3. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

Check the channel settings on the router also let us know what channel it is on. Desire doesn't work properly with some higher channels in my experience

Tags: