• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi Fi problems

carthwright

Lurker
Jun 18, 2011
Really sorry if this has all ready been posted.

Having a bit of mare today, firstly bought a HTC Desire (secondhand). Got it home and tried to connect it to my router wirelessly. Everything went well upto the point where it said obtaining address, where it then gave up and said unsuccessful. I have tried searching online for a solution and am probably being dumb but can't work out whats wrong. My Broadband is provided by Talk Talk, think it says I have a D-Link router.

Secondly I made an account on Android Marketplace this morning (Email verification didn't make it to my account for some reason.), but when I try and click log in (firefox and IE) nothing happens now.

Again sorry if I am being dumb but right now I know not what to do.

For WiFi, I'd try to connect the phone to a public free hotsopt, like McDonalds.
If the connection is OK, then you need to check your router settings.

On the phone, go to settings and accounts&sync. Add a gmail account if you don't have one yet and sync it. On PC go to your account settings in Marketplace, remove your data, logout/login, input your data again and save.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones