• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wi Fi Tether Problems

ok i solved the problem first you need to go to settings on wifi tether
change divice profile
generic ics/jb (wlan0)
fallback tether
check this option
wifi-driver reload
check thisoption
and last
wifi-driver reload 2
check this option too and your good to go
if you dont do this the tether migt show no errors but it wont give you a conecction i just tested and im posting this post whit the internet of my cellphone
also try to download wifi tether version 3.3-pre2 ***EXPERIMENTAL*** thats the one i have rigt now
here is the link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1v8rlsh9qtqppi7/com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether..apk

Upvote 0
ok i solved the problem first you need to go to settings on wifi tether
change divice profile
generic ics/jb (wlan0)
fallback tether
check this option
wifi-driver reload
check thisoption
and last
wifi-driver reload 2
check this option too and your good to go
if you dont do this the tether migt show no errors but it wont give you a conecction i just tested and im posting this post whit the internet of my cellphone
also try to download wifi tether version 3.3-pre2 ***EXPERIMENTAL*** thats the one i have rigt now
here is the link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1v8rlsh9qtqppi7/com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether..apk

While I appreciate your posting this, I'm still experiencing (with this new version) not being able to gain actual tether. I've tried your setting's just don't see what I might be missing.
The log that's available, show's more red errors failure messages and only a couple success's.
The Nexux 7, does the same with this version as with the previous version, it LOOKS like it's tethered, it's show's as tethered, and say's it's got excellent strength ...just no tethering happening.

Ever since updating to B11, tethering doesn't' work,... before? not a problem. So, any idea's are appreciated.

Upvote 0
Combined two screenshots to show the entire log after the attempt to tether using WiFi-Tether 3.3 experimental.

It's got the expanded menu that xxpaco talked about in his post above.
I was getting the same errors using the earlier version for the last 6 months so that alone is informative. I tend to think it's something about the B11 OTA update, as apposed to anything else at this time.

Maybe it's a simple setting issue, but what?

Attachments

• WiFiTetherLogErrors.jpg
    WiFiTetherLogErrors.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
While I appreciate your posting this, I'm still experiencing (with this new version) not being able to gain actual tether. I've tried your setting's just don't see what I might be missing.
The log that's available, show's more red errors failure messages and only a couple success's.
The Nexux 7, does the same with this version as with the previous version, it LOOKS like it's tethered, it's show's as tethered, and say's it's got excellent strength ...just no tethering happening.

Ever since updating to B11, tethering doesn't' work,... before? not a problem. So, any idea's are appreciated.

ok here is one more setting to aply hope it works for you
got it from rush forum from Lordvincent 90 got jb on rush same problems this fixed the problem
device profile
generic ics/jb (wlan0)
setup method
auto
send net max client cdm
cheked
wifi driver reload
cheked
routing fix
cheked
try to use the super su app
ok try this settings and let me know

Reactions: bnasty61783
Upvote 0
ok here is one more setting to aply hope it works for you
got it from rush forum from Lordvincent 90 got jb on rush same problems this fixed the problem
device profile
generic ics/jb (wlan0)
setup method
auto
send net max client cdm
cheked
wifi driver reload
cheked
routing fix
cheked
try to use the super su app
ok try this settings and let me know

Wow, I'm still needing to clean up, there were so many threads on this topic, and this is the second one I forgot to go back to and post that
I did get tether working again.

I also had to replay to a followup on the Nexus7 thread, WI-FI Tether errors. Because I tether that tablet with my phone, went there.

And #18 on this thread: http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/743381-wi-fi-tether-errors.html#post6011943

There's this: Can't Tether after the OTA But I might be getting conflused about now and duplicating.

In my case it was SuperSu that needed to be replaced, so got SuperUser, instead, problem was solved. There had been an error message that binaries were out of date, and after getting SuperUser no more problem, except in the log, getting an error for "clamping" however that doesn't prevent tether for me.

Anyway, thanks for checking in with your solution, there's a good chance someone will need it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones