1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Wi-Fi Tethering and WhitePages Notification on Verizon Phones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Intlctual1, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Intlctual1

Intlctual1 Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2016
    Male
    Phoenix
    For some reason it seems that Verizon has disabled these 2 features on their phones. Are they the only carriers that have done this (I'm thinking of taking my Edge back to them and switching carriers) and is there any way to get around their self-imposed limitation (I've downloaded whitepages from the Google Play store, but I'd rather have the baked-in versions of both applications).
    If enough people complain to Verizon, is there any hope of them releasing a patch that re-enables these features?

Advertisement

2. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    I had to download Whitepages from the store as well. I think because it competes with the carrier's own Caller ID software.. Silly.

But Wifi tethering - isn't that tied to your plan? The Hot Spot feature should work if you have a data capped plan, but it would not work if you have an data unlimited plan (grandfathered) unless you also have the hotspot feature.

3. Intlctual1

Intlctual1 Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2016
    Male
    Phoenix
  4. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    Ohhhh, my bad. Sorry about misunderstanding... (and thanks for alerting me to that feature - lmao!)

Intlctual1 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.