1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by circtest, Jan 3, 2012.

1. circtest

circtest Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Electronics
    Frisco, TX
    Ok, I had a problem with a call blocking app that quit working correctly and the developer said it was the phone. So I asked LG what the problem could be and all they wanted to tell me was to run the latest update, which I am not doing. I haven't had the phone that long and didn't have a whole lot of personal info to lose. So I did a factory reset. Everything seems to be working accordingly except wi-fi. When I first bought the phone and set up wi-fi for my router, everything worked fine. Now it doesn't. I have my router set to "Not" broadcast my SSID. I just prefer it that way and don't want it seen. Now that I go back and try to set up wi-fi with my phone, it will not connect to my router unless I broadcast my SSID. I don't get why it worked before and now it doesn't. Do you and is there something better I can use than Metro's easy wi-fi?

Advertisement

2. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    To help people, currently student
    US

The standard wifi works just fine... When you try to connect to wifi try to enable then disable, then enable once again, I know its weird but it works with mines... See if that helps.

3. circtest

None

Dec 27, 2011
    Electronics
    Frisco, TX
    I've tried that, doesn't help.

4. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    To help people, currently student
    US

Edit: try downloading "wifi manager" to see if that does the trick..otherwise;

Is your phone rooted ? Looks like something is blocking your wifi. According to metropcs , easy wifi has been targeted to have some issues that may cause the phone to be unstable .... try freezing or removing the app, if not then try reseting your router to ensure that your wifi is working properly...

5. circtest

None

Dec 27, 2011
    Electronics
    Frisco, TX
    I'll try wifi manager when I get home

No, my phone is not rooted...yet. That's why I refuse to update it as LG suggests. My wifi seems to be working fine with my laptop and xbox. It works with the phone as long as I'm broadcasting my SSID.

Tags: