1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Widget has been Installing Forever!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snacko, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Snacko

Snacko New Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Widget has been Installing for 12 hours!? :mad:

I am a noob to these new phones, but a software developer/pc builder. I just got my Droid HTC Incredible 3 days ago and this morning selected the Dice and Coin Flip widgets to download. They took about 5 minutes to download, and have been 'Installing' on the device for over 12 hours!!!!

I did a search on the net and found some suggestions:

1)
    Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Download Manager and Clear the Data and Cache. I did clear the Data but the Clear Cache button was greyed out. Then it said to shutdown the device and remove the battery for 30 seconds.

This did nothing. I still have the problem. :mad:

2) Another post said to always do a Factory Reset when you get a new device (this would have been good to know 3 days ago) and when you install new OS version.

If I do a Factory Reset:
    Will I loose my phone setup with Verizon? Or will the phone still work after reset?

Will I loose everything else? Mail? Contacts? Theme setups? Bookmarks?

They also said to 'Backup' your device before the reset? Do they just mean the Backup Assistant (which I believe only does the Contacts), or is there another way to backup all your settings before I get crazy and do this just to fix the stupid Dice Widget? :thinking:

Argg.... Thanks for any help!! :D

Snacko

Advertisement