1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

widget locker question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mted558, Dec 21, 2011.

1. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to disable widget locker? I don't want to uninstall it but I'd like to disable it. Can't find anything in the settings. Any ideas?
    thanks!! :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Open widgetlocker app>Menu>Settings>Unclick the radial button that's to the right of "WidgetLocker Enabled".

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. mted558

Wow, can't believe I missed that!! Never even saw the check mark! :eek:
    Thanks so much for not judging!
    My original issue was every time I had an app opened and got side tracked and my screen timed out the app would close and I'd be back to my home screen. very annoying if I'm in the middle of balancing my checkbook or whatever! And I can't figure out how to keep the app open once the screen times out. Without Widget Locker when I would turn the screen back on it would go back to whatever I was working on. So I figured I'd disable it and see how much I'll miss it. If anyone has any ideas about that I'd appreciate it.
    Again thanks for helping out us "airheads"!!!

4. drexappeal

No worries. That's what we're here for.

FYI-It shouldn't be doing that. I do that all the time, using widgetlocker, and as soon as I unlock it goes back to the app I was using. I would search through the settings to make sure that you don't have something set that forces the phone to go back to the main homescreen (which, from what I remember, there may be a setting that you can turn off from doing that).

-EDIT- I just found the setting that does that:
    Open Widget Locker>Menu>Settings>Advanced>Uncheck Always Unlock to Home

5. mted558

I knew there had to be a setting I was missing!! Again, I thank you for your help. :D.

6. drexappeal

As a rule of thumb, anytime you download any app that is used for the functionality of your phone, I always recommend checking all of the settings first.

I go into the settings menu for every app I download, but it's in my personality to do make sure I check everything that the app can do, prior to actually using it.

7. Dreeemer

Dreeemer Newbie

OK. Maybe I'm just slow...
    I can't FIND a menu! Pressing the thumbnail locks it, long pressing either lets u edit, resize, or remove. What am I missing?

8. Dreeemer

Dreeemer Newbie

Just confirmed. I AM slow! Found it soon as I posted. Never mind! Back 2 regularly scheduled programming...

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews