• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Widget *Proverbial* Wall

Mostly Harmless

Android Expert
Apr 15, 2010
New York
Has anyone had an issue with running too many widgets? Lately anytime I exit out of any program and go back to my home screens it takes my N1 at least 5+ seconds before I can do anything (such as scroll and select something). While I think I had a decent amount of widgets I didn't think I had enough to actually bog down the phone that much, specially considering the horsepower this phone has. I am going to create a simpler desktop with only my essential widgets to see if that helps to alleviate the problem. I am slightly bummed by this because one of the appeals of android is the fact I didn't have to open an app to do something, I had a widget for it.

Ryjabo, I think I was still running more then you were. I have to see if I have some old screen shots of what I was running.

Ragingyeti, I think that is a good idea. I probably will just wipe everything clean and start adding one by one. One of the things I need to get over is trying to put app icons on the home screen. This is a habit from my iPhone but with the app drawer you really don't need to keep any icons, unless you really need fast access.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones