• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widget Recommendations?

cgfw201

Jul 25, 2012
Have had basically the same home screen setup on my S3/S4 and now N5.

First screen has the most used apps, so FB, twitter, Whatsapp, Maps, Strava, banking and a bbc weather widget.

Then have an AV screen, with widgets for Spotify, TuneIn Radio and vod apps like Sky Go, 4od, iPlayer etc.

then have one with evernote widget, bbc news widget and livescore widget.

All works well and is where I want stuff, just wondering if I'm missing anything exciting/useful?

I always liked Power Toggles which expands on the capabilities of the Google Power Widget.
Maybe not so much a requirement now quick settings are a swipe away but again it can offer more. It's also theme-able so you can make it fit in colourwise.

APW is also good if you want matching themed calendar, mail etc.

Other than that, I've never been much of a widget user so looking forward to some suggestions too.

Upvote 0
Power Toggles is great. I wouldn't leave home without it.

My home screen is mostly widgets.

1x1 battery reborn. A simple round battery meter.

1x1 beautiful widgets weather.

4x1 minimalistic text clock

4x1 minimalistic text calendar (shows todays date, I never know what day it is! :eek: )

Page to the left has APW calendar/agenda widget taking up most of the page, page to the right is my most used apps.

Dock icons are metrostation.

Upvote 0
i use only use 3 widgets -

1. Main Screen - Fancy Widgets Big Clock/Weather - H7C Skin. i use Nova Launcher to remove that "Persistent Search Bar" and free up that real estate and put the big clock at top.
2. My Left Screen - Stock Android Power Bar Widget (WIFI, GPS, etc. toggles).
3. My Right Screen - Jorte 4x5 Monthly Calendar Widget.

BONUS - not really a widget i use "Quick Calendar" by Jim Blackler to put my Agenda (4 events, 2 days ahead) in my pull down shade.

done!

i keep my screens "noise free" - no apps or widgets that are constantly barking at me.

Upvote 0
Besides the clock widget on my first screen (which has nothing else) I don't really use any widgets... I might throw a flashlight widget somewhere on my second screen where I keep all my applications, and maybe a weather application somewhere but I don't think I'll be big on widgets anytime soon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones