• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Widget resizing ability differs between Orange and O2?? SOLVED

Pedro_XXL

Lurker
Sep 15, 2011
Hi,
Apologies if this is old hat, I manually searched last four pages of threads and the search tool offers nothing of help...

I got a brand new sg2 on Orange yesterday for personal use having been "looking after" an sg2 on O2 for work over the last few weeks.

On the O2 phone, I can freely resize widgets like AccuWeather from its default 2x1 to other sizes like 4x1, 2x2 or 4x2. To do this I "hold" it and place it and then a yellow frame appears - I grab the grey "corner" and it is easily resized.

On the Orange phone, I cannot resize it at all...the yellow frame NEVER appears, no matter what I do. This applies to other widgets like APMobile too.

So the Home Screen of the Orange SG2 is waay less useful than the Homescreen of the O2 SG2....that can't be right can it?
Is there a setting somewhere that I need to tweak?

Thanks. :)

O2: I9100XXKDH Kernel 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKDD-CL161513 Android 2.3.3 GINGERBREAD.XWKDD
Orange: I9100BVKG2 Kernel 2.6.35.7-I9100BVKG3-CL344296 Android 2.3.3 GINGERBREAD.BVKG3

Is the o2 phone using go launcher and perhaps the orange one is on the stock touch wiz?
Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I don't know how to tell which is which (or wiz).

The O2 phone has 7 panels of "Launcher"(1 - 7 where #1 is the true "Home") and it presents Applications in a horizontally paged array.

The Orange phone has only 5 panels of Launcher (1 - 5 where #3 is the true "Home" and it presents Applications in a single vertically smooth scrolling array.

I'm surprised and a little disappointed to find such "because-we-can" variation...it means it is not so easy to just get a Samsung Galaxy S2...they are not all the same.

I guess the providers control the configuration of the launcher...is it possible to change this...without rooting etc?

Upvote 0
Hi

I also have the phone on orange. Can you tell me how to change the homescreens to non orange style please?

No problem...
You should have an Application called 'Homescreen selector' in your Applications. Run this and you can choose between the two.
If you don't have that application, I don't know what to suggest. Good luck. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones