• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widget to show available free RAM? (Not storage RAM)

poor_red_neck

Oct 4, 2009
Is there a simple 1x1 or 1x2 widget that shows free memory?
Not storage memory, but running memory. Like after you run an Auto Killer (like Apollo, or ATK) it shows you how much RAM you now have free.

I'd like a widget to display this information on the home screen?

All I can seem to find is program storage memory, or SD memory storage, not RAM.

Oh yes.. And personally I can't live without it.

Firstly download and install TasKiller. See here.

TasKiller

Or from App Market, search for "TasKiller Free"

From your HOME screen, add the TasKiller Widget. To do so, press on any blank area and choose Widgets. Scroll down and select TasKiller.

This will display how much free RAM you have. However, pressing and holding it will kill ALL running apps. Great, that'll free up the RAM.

But sometimes you may want to prevent apps from being killed. For example, I always leave GTALK and HelixLauncher running. In that case, you need to add an App to TasKiller's ignore list.

In order to add an App to TasKiller's ignore list, you will need to run the main TasKiller APP. Not just the Widget.

Look for TasKiller in you main list of Apps. Load it up to see a list of running apps. To add an app to the ignore list, press and hold on the app name and look for the pop up window. From that window, choose Ignore.

Press HOME key.

This way, you can leave just the TasKiller Widget on your Home screen, and can press it to kill any unwanted apps.

Enjoy.

Reactions: poor_red_neck
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones