1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WidgetLocker change app icon

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by shawn222, Sep 4, 2011.

1. shawn222

shawn222 Newbie

Hello,

I'm wondering how I can change the icons of apps I have added to WidgetLocker. I use go launcher and I can change icons by long holding on an app and selecting replace, how can I do this in WidgetLocker?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert

Widget Locker doesn't have this ability natively. It also doesn't support many widgets/features that your launcher has.

You'll need another app that allows changing icons. I know Folder Organizer can do this, and there are certainly other as well.

shawn222 likes this.
  3. shawn222

shawn222 Newbie

Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the case. Does anyone know of a free app which can can do this for me?

4. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert

The one I mentioned, Folder Organizer, has a free version which can do this for you.

shawn222 likes this.
  5. shawn222

shawn222 Newbie

Awesome, at first I didn't think I could use Folder Organizer because when I tried to change the icon it said that direct icon changing is only available in the paid version. After your comment I took another look and saw I can do it from the main menu.

But I have a problem in that using Folder Organizer I no longer have a missed/unread count on my phone, sms, and gmail apps, which does make sense when using another app.

Maybe someone can help me by offering a different approach to achieve my goal in WidgetLocker:
    I want to be able to see the number of missed calls from the native phone app, sms messages from GO sms, and email from gmail app. I Also want to link to the respective app or preferably, if possible, to the specific sms or email that I've missed, a link to the app would be enough though.

I know this is possible to do but I've been having trouble setting something up for the past couple days.

Thanks!