1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Widgetlocker Problem ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crookadile, Aug 22, 2012.

1. crookadile

crookadile Newbie

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem.

I have had my Galaxy y a few months and have been using the stock lock screen. When I receive an sms I get an envelope popup on the lockscreen that I swipe to read the message.

I have recently started using Widgetlocker, the problem I have with this is that when I receive an sms I get my notification sound but the envelope popup does not appear.

Is Widgetlocker suppressing the popup?

Is there something in the settings that I am missing?

Any help to get this working again would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vonchi182

vonchi182 Member

>open widgetlocker
    >press menu to open settings
    > scroll down to POPUPS.
    >uncheck hide sms sms popups

if still above steps wont work try installing app called missed it (paid).
    here's the link.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.igecelabs.android.MissedIt&hl=tl

3. crookadile

crookadile Newbie

Thanks for your reply, I have had a look in settings and hide sms popups was already unchecked.

I was hoping to get it working without 3rd party apps, especially a paid one. Why should I pay for an app to do something that the phone does ( or did do ) automatically. It's obviously a Widgetlocker problem.

It seems strange to me that it wont work in Widgetlocker, I sent an E-Mail to the developer of Widgetlocker but he chooses to ignore it that's why I asked here. Maybe someone else can come up with a solution.

Thanks anyway.

4. vonchi182

vonchi182 Member

Hmmm.. i guess widgetlocker doesnt support the stock sms swipe to open noti...
    Well, i think the app is optimized for adding widgets to ur lockscreen.

5. crookadile

crookadile Newbie

Well seeing as no one can come up with a solution I have had to go down the 3rd party route. I managed to find a free app that shows the popups.

smspopup does the job well enough.

It's a pity though that Widgetlocker doesn't support the stock messaging app.
    It's also a pity that the dev doesn't answer e-mails and offers no support.

Samsung Galaxy Y Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Y release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.0" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1200mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews