1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Widgetlocker: What does it exactly do?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jlm86, May 17, 2011.

1. jlm86

jlm86 Well-Known Member

I keep reading about Widgetlocker and how great it is, but cannot see exactly what it does?

can you shed light on this or give screenshots? Yes, I too hate having to unlock my phone 50 times per day..

thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast

Widget Locker enables you to add widgets and slider icons to your lock screen just like if it were a home screen. You can add any widgets, aside from HTC sense widgets, and sliders and buttons for quick access to applications on the lock screen.

Essentially, think of having your weather widget and a button to text messages on your lock screen without actually having to unlock the phone.

http://photos.tonyparkinson.com/i.ashx?&mid=13433933&mt=Photo&standardsize=original <--- This is a lock screen with widget locker. You can find a ton of examples on google image search if you want to see other customizations.

In all, it is well worth the $2.00 for the app!

inspiremebaby likes this.
  3. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast

I don't know if it's just something in my head but to me it seemed like my battery drained faster with widget locker. Has anyone noticed this or am I just crazy?

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

I haven't noticed any extra battery drain since using widget locker. I still get the same amount of use it did before getting it.

5. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Moved to a more appropriate forum.

6. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast

I think widgetlocker even has a little notice somewhere that it uses next to no battery. Sure, they could be lying, but I get the feeling they're genuine.