1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

widgets after checkrom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zms123, Dec 27, 2011.

1. zms123

zms123 Member

Today I got checkrom and everything works fine. What I noticed was that checkrom uninstalls processes and apps that most people freeze. I saw that the stock widgets like digital clock was uninstalled so I tried to restore it through titanium but all it would do was keep on loading and loading doing nothing. when I restore things which are not the stock widgets, titanium restores it in a second. Is there a solution to this as I really liked the digital clock widget that came with stock.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kie

Kie Android Expert

It doesn't delete them...my digital clock widget is still there!

3. zms123

zms123 Member

Well mine are and I don't know why they would be.

4. Kie

Kie Android Expert

How did you install your checkrom?

5. zms123

zms123 Member

i did everything correctly. I think it's just that after I downloaded the ICS 1.6 theme it won't allow me to install those widgets again. This is what I read happened to them when they got the theme.

Do you know why when I use kitchen to download AppWidgetPicker it seems to do nothing when I install it? No new app is shown when after it is installed and the phone reboots. This also happens with the efs backup which is also under the utilities category.

Also how do I undo something I've installed from kitchenpro? This has really been bugging me since I can't find the answer.

6. Kie

Kie Android Expert

Try using CWM instead of Kitchen to install apps. I don't like using Kitchen because it doesn't work for me half the time.

I haven't had to uninstall things from Kitchen, but the way Kitchen works is usually to install an 'undo' version or 'stock' version. eg if you want to uninstall a custom boot screen, just install the stock and it overwrites the custom file. Same goes with most things. If you want anything theme-related gone, just install the theme restore package. You should be able to uninstall Kitchen Utilities (eg DSP Manager) through settings -> applications.

7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

If you open the kitchen pro app and scroll to widgets/apps there is a download of all samsung apps and widgets

8. zms123

zms123 Member

Thanks for the answers. I'm about to reflash checkrom again and if I can't get the widgets then I'll just leave them alone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews