1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Widgets disappearing from home screen????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kitesurfer, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Hey, I was running an application today, and when i returned back to the home screen, no widgets. The only way I found to retrieve them back was to restart the phone. Has anyone had any experience with this ever happening?

Advertisement

2. hastings

hastings Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I noticed this today also... All I could see was my background. I just turned the phone off (not complete powerdown) and back on quick and they reappeared. Only thing I installed yesterday was Gem Miner full version.

3. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    NW.Indiana U.S.A.
    Been happening to me for the last month. Sometimes if I wait they return and other times I have to reboot. I was thinking that the Droid was shutting them down for the extra memory but I am not sure. It always happens when running a few apps.

4. Technipages

Technipages Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Security Admin for a large banking company.
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had this issue when I had Locale installed on my Droid. I decided to uninstall it and I haven't had the problem since. While I don't believe it had anything to do with Locale specifically, I believe this happens when apps are running and doing tons of tasks in the background. Locale played a big role in that.

Maybe download an app killing app.

-Mitch
    Technipages.com