1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Widgets no longer updating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OUJukebox, Jun 17, 2012.

1. OUJukebox

OUJukebox Member

Recently, I've noticed that most of my widgets no longer update. For example, the time wasn't changing on the Beautiful Widgets clock widget, the calendar agenda widget wasn't showing upcoming appointments, and the power control widget wasn't showing the proper information in regard to Wifi on/off status. However, the Jorte calendar agenda widget was still working. I've tried removing those widgets and then putting them back on my screen and that hasn't helped.

Any ideas short of a factory reset? I've got some apps with data I would hate to lose and that I'm not sure how to backup (like my food list in the Lose It! app and my car maintenance records in the Car Maintenance app for example).

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

I'm sure you have, but I have to ask just to see if you are having a problem similar to mine. Did you reboot your phone? If so, I have the same problem you do. For instance, my stock widgets will not update even after I remove them and put them back on the homescreen.

If you are rooted, download TitaniumBackup; it will let you back up the data that applications store. You won't have to worry about losing important information when you do a factory reset or change ROMs when using Titaniumbackup.

3. OUJukebox

OUJukebox Member

Yes, I have tried a reboot, and that didn't help. Did a factory reset solve the problem for you?

I'm not rooted, so I don't think Titanium Backup is an option for me.

4. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

I haven't fixed my problem yet. I would assume a factory reset would fix the problem since it has to be a software issue.

5. OUJukebox

OUJukebox Member

Anybody else have the same problem, and now have it resolved? If so, did you have to do a factory reset or did something less drastic take care of it?

6. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

I switched ROMs and the problem went away. A factory reset should work for you.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews