1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Widgets not updating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RobDickson, Sep 5, 2011.

1. RobDickson

RobDickson Android Enthusiast
    None

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but my widgets aren't updating. I've added the calendar and email (not Gmail) widgets. The calendar one is still showing yesterday's events and the email one isn't showing new emails. Is there something I need to set to get widgets to update automatically?

Advertisement

2. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    Do you have Background Data turned on? Auto Sync? Look under Accounts and Sync and you should be able to have it autosync if you enable those two.

Tim

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    In each application make sure that you set up auto updating and how long back the widget goes.

4. RobDickson

None

Thanks for your suggestions. I'd already checked those. I don't know what changed, but the widgets seem to update OK know. I did have the Tab in flight mode quite a bit, but that shouldn't stop the widgets updating.

Thanks again.

5. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Actually flight mode WILL stop the widgets from updating as there is no data connection available and updating will fail. This is normal. Once you provide a data connection for a couple of cycles of updates, the widgets return to normal activity.

6. RobDickson

None

Thanks for the message. If I can read my calendar in flight mode, surely the widget should update when in flight mode. Likewise, if I can delete emails when in flight mode, the widget should update.

Oh well, at least I know what's happening is normal.

Thanks again.

Rob

7. RobDickson

None

The Tab has been connected to wi-fi since yesterday evening. The calendar widget still shows yesterday's all-day event. The email widget still shows an unread email that I read a few hours ago. I read it on my phone, but the Tab's email app correctly shows it being read.

I've checked the sync options and they all seem OK. I'll probably update the firmware tonight. Hopefully that will fix the widgets.

8. RobDickson

None

I updated the firmware on Saturday and the widgets seems to update OK now. There's a slight problem with the calendar widget, but I'll start a new thread about that.

Thanks for your help.