1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Widgets not updating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RobDickson, Sep 5, 2011.

1. RobDickson

RobDickson Android Enthusiast

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but my widgets aren't updating. I've added the calendar and email (not Gmail) widgets. The calendar one is still showing yesterday's events and the email one isn't showing new emails. Is there something I need to set to get widgets to update automatically?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

Do you have Background Data turned on? Auto Sync? Look under Accounts and Sync and you should be able to have it autosync if you enable those two.

Tim

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

In each application make sure that you set up auto updating and how long back the widget goes.

4. RobDickson

Thanks for your suggestions. I'd already checked those. I don't know what changed, but the widgets seem to update OK know. I did have the Tab in flight mode quite a bit, but that shouldn't stop the widgets updating.

Thanks again.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Actually flight mode WILL stop the widgets from updating as there is no data connection available and updating will fail. This is normal. Once you provide a data connection for a couple of cycles of updates, the widgets return to normal activity.

6. RobDickson

Thanks for the message. If I can read my calendar in flight mode, surely the widget should update when in flight mode. Likewise, if I can delete emails when in flight mode, the widget should update.

Oh well, at least I know what's happening is normal.

Thanks again.

Rob

7. RobDickson

The Tab has been connected to wi-fi since yesterday evening. The calendar widget still shows yesterday's all-day event. The email widget still shows an unread email that I read a few hours ago. I read it on my phone, but the Tab's email app correctly shows it being read.

I've checked the sync options and they all seem OK. I'll probably update the firmware tonight. Hopefully that will fix the widgets.

8. RobDickson

I updated the firmware on Saturday and the widgets seems to update OK now. There's a slight problem with the calendar widget, but I'll start a new thread about that.

Thanks for your help.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews