1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Widgets on Lollipop Samsung S5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nuno Baptista, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Nuno Baptista

Nuno Baptista Lurker

I update today my Samsung S5 to Lollipop, but I can´t find the Widgets. How do I do?

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I moved your thread into the S5 forum as it may be different for Samsung's Touchwiz. As far as my Nexus 7 on Lollipop when I open my app drawer I have the option to toggle between apps and widgets at the top of the screen. I'm not sure if that has carried through in Touchwiz.

If not, I'm sure another device owner can let you know where to find them.

3. Nuno Baptista

Nuno Baptista Lurker

No, my app drawer doesn´t have that property

4. Vixer

Vixer Member

Try long pressing on a blank area on your home page to see if a menu comes up for your widgets.

5. Nuno Baptista

Nuno Baptista Lurker

I tryed the long pressing on the main home page, but on a secondary home page I have sucess!

6. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

My widgets are in the same spot on my S5 as they were before the update. I swipe across the home screen to the next screen and then long hold that screen and at the bottom it says wallpapers, widgets and home screen settings, is that what you want? Where were your widgets before the update? Mary

7. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

have you tried using Nova Launcher?

That launcher provides a vast number of enhancements for your homepages.

The best of the crop IMO is the ability to save a backup of the Home Pages to anywhere in the world you want to send them to.

8. Gwen1275

Gwen1275 Lurker

Pinch the home screen inwards top and bottom and the home screen shrinks giving you the widgets at the bottom

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.