• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

widgets on screen

how do i get apps. to be on one of the screen, filling the whole screen? i have seen google search boxes as well. when i did this with the weather channel, i only got a button/link to the app... how do i do this?
Are you putting app buttons or a widget on your screen?

While an app button will always be 1x1 in size, developers can write their widgets to any size all the way up to full screen. Many of the HTC widgets that come on the Aria (and most every Android phone) are full screen and other widgets come in multiple sizes for you to choose from.

To add a widget to any of your homescreens, simply long-press any empty area until the Add to Home screen appears with the choice of Widget.Program/Shortcut/Folder. Choose Widget and you'll see your choices!

/BD :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones