• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widgetso

installed on my samsung epic, works great. i replaced the power widget with it substituting buttons better as i don't use bluetooth so a button for it was waste of space! i love it - currently using the 1x4. i wonder if the volume control widget needs to be lit up all the time - it's a little distracting as i'd prefer to have it just seem off until needed. thanks for this great app!

Upvote 0
one more idea regarding color of the bar under the brightness button:
on my epic, there are 3 brightness settings. on the lowest setting the bar removes uncolored (like it's off) and that is good. i tap it once and the screen brightness increases but the bar color remains off. i tape one last time to the brightest setting and the color changes - not to the same color as other active/enabled buttons but a shade? lower. i would think this color should be used on the middle setting and the normal color used for the other buttons would used for this highest setting. great app, thank you for it!

Upvote 0
Hello,

@iwillfearnoevil : Now brightness button have to work correctly. :)

@reinbeau : It's works now? Make attetion because when the choice is open the first element is the one selected.
It works now, but the selection screen doesn't, it does what I described, you click the date format you want and the screen blinks, but the green selection dot is still on the top selection. Hit the back button and voila, your date is how you selected it - so the only thing that doesn't 'work' is the actual selection screen.

Upvote 0
Hello,
@b.kim : The stay awake work only when the phone is not use the battery like USB or sector and not anytime. Isn't work?

@Crodley : You can modify widgets after you have created it with the apps, look at the menu you have "Modify widgets", if your shorcuts if uninstalled or if you want to change preferences of the widget you can.

Upvote 0
Hello,
@b.kim : The stay awake work only when the phone is not use the battery like USB or sector and not anytime. Isn't work?

I was hoping the Stay Awake feature would work anytime I was using the phone and not only when the phone is plugged in (I wouldn't need the screen to stay awake while it was charging, etc...) I just hate when the screen goes off while im browsing or something. Please allow it to keep the screen on even when its using the battery.

Upvote 0
@probinson : for froyo search Widgetsoid2.2, you have the OR code on the first post and in my signture.

In the next update, phone with android 2.1 have to migrate to version 2 of widgetsoid for most compatibility with android 2.1 API.

@b.kim : I have to search how to do this, when I found I put the option.

@yoyoche : thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
Jaumard, thanks for all the help getting this going, and your dilligent efforts in getting 4G feature to work. This guys awesome to work with.

BTW - Sprint/Verizon having issues with DATA TOGGLE (3G) ?
Check Widgetsoid's main settings screen for "Data Toggle Mode"
Set to "APN TOGGLE" - This will then turn of your mobile data to save
battery if you're not in need of internet/MMS access or background stuff
that happens in android constantly

Upvote 0
i love this widget.

one question - would it be possible to have a selection for only 2 brightness setting options? i only use automatic and 100%, so it would be nice to be able to tap once for 100% and again to go back to automatic.

thanks!

Hi,

sorry for the very very late reply, I work on the 3.0 version of widgetsoid and you can choose 1, 2 or 3 levels for the brightness for this version.

I create a web site with FAQ, changelog and downloads here :Widgetsoid, home. The site web speak about the 3.0 version but it's not available yet.

3.0 will be available this week end.

Regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones