1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Widgetsoid GPS Toggle

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Capng, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Capng

Capng Lurker

When I first installed Wigetsoid the GPS toggle just toggled the GPS setting. I find Widgetsoid to be really cool and I've been messing with all the options. Created a couple widgets, deleted them, and made some more. Now I can't seem to make it stop opening the Location & Security Settings page . . . .

What can I do??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

What's opening that page? One of the toggles? Enter Widgetsoid from it's app icon, then hit "widgets", and you can edit any particular one you need. I've never seen the problem you're taking about, but you might double check the way you have GPS configured (although I'm not sure what could be configured wrong).

3. Capng

Capng Lurker

The GPS toggle on any widget does switch the GPS setting (check mark) but also opens the Location & Security Settings page. Just like the WiFi settings check mark in the Advanced Master Settings does to a WiFi toggle . . . .I'm gonna try to uninstall then reinstall and see if that works . . . .

4. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast

Mines doing the same thing. started happening after the official gb update for my inspire, on froyo it just toggled gps on/off from my switcher widget, now its toggling on or off but popping up the loc settings page too. (wifi, rotate, brightness, mobile data, sync buttons on the widgetsoid switcher all work as normal)

I did a wipe of the phone before updating to gb, so I've started fresh, after the update I created the widgetsoid switcher again from scratch so it's not that there's any old or corrupted by the update widgetsoid data leftover.

5. Capng

Capng Lurker

I'm still using Wigetsoid for the notification option for apps and short cuts but I've reverted to the built-ins for GPS, Blutooth,4G, and WiFi toggles . . .

Seems like there must be some work around to fix this annoyance . . .