• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*Widgetsoid* help (Mini info too). "Toggle" not working

Hello....been trying for a few days now to get a screen lock widget to work unsucessfully. Any suggestions?

Been tryin to get the switcher 1*1 to work set up as "auto lock" to toggle the pattern lock off and on. Just does not work. I have the widget icon on the desktop but when i tap it the bar under it does not light up and when i turn the phone off and on, i am not prompted to use the pattern.

yes, i am rooted.
i am also using "screen unlock" to avoid using the slider.

i rebooted, i set the setting to "toggle" in apn, widgetsoid is added to device administrators.

can't get the toggle to work in Mini Info app either.

Help? I must just not be selecting or switching something on? or off?

I tried using Widgetsoid to keep my screen unlocked, but I will leave the phone alone for a while and then, for no apparent reason, I have to use the unlock pattern. It was installed after a factory reset, because I found that NoLock would randomly flash into the home screen and lock pattern, sometimes at exactly the wrong time. But Widgetsoid is no better, just annoying in a different way!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones