1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Widgit or Short Cut?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radioman42001, Sep 15, 2010.

1. radioman42001

radioman42001 Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Finding a way to retire
    Not Deep Enough in the Woods
    I am curious if it is better to use the widgit for an application, or the short cut to the application. For example, there is a widgit for market, and a shortcut for market. Same for Handcent and several others. They appear to take the same real estate, so I wondered if one is easier on the processor and battery than the other. Thanks in advance for your ideas.:thinking:

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    If you don't want things running in the background as much, I would stick with the icon from the app tray or the custom shortcut. That said, if your phone runs fine with a couple of widgets, I would not worry about it. If your still using ADW on CM6, there are things you can check and uncheck when using a lot widgets, menu, settings, ADWLauncher, System Preferences

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    Widgets that update themselves on a timed basis will use up more processor, battery, and network than just the shortcut itself.

4. 00h2itr

00h2itr Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    For me, I'm looking for an Email Widget. Since I use it frequently, eliminating the step of clicking an icon to load it would be great.

In other cases, as mentioned it's better to just have a shortcut.

Tags: