• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wierd battery problem

Ok i have 2 batteries and i rotate them so im not stuck to a charger.last nite i swapped one wifh a buddy and this battery says full charge but when i put it in either phone it doesnt let the phone stay on long enough to even get to an app to check it.i wiped battery stats in cwm but that didnt help.it just reboots over and over.so my ? I guess is : how would a fully chargedbbattery make it reboot constantly and any way to fix it?

Ok i have 2 batteries and i rotate them so im not stuck to a charger.last nite i swapped one wifh a buddy and this battery says full charge but when i put it in either phone it doesnt let the phone stay on long enough to even get to an app to check it.i wiped battery stats in cwm but that didnt help.it just reboots over and over.so my ? I guess is : how would a fully chargedbbattery make it reboot constantly and any way to fix it?

I would say that the battery is probably fried unless it works in ur buddys phone just fine. Now I know that this is probably a stupid ?? But is ur buddys batt. one of the compatible batterys-ie; the viper, lucid, or the motion. or is it one of the Chinese ones?

Upvote 0
Its another stock Connect 4g battery?
Yea couldnt afford anything better
I would say that the battery is probably fried unless it works in ur buddys phone just fine. Now I know that this is probably a stupid ?? But is ur buddys batt. one of the compatible batterys-ie; the viper, lucid, or the motion. or is it one of the Chinese ones?

Actually its from my origional connect that was dropped and found by this guy.i guess 'friend'was not the best choice for words
Why woulda fried battery do that.it can just sit and reboot for hours.and how does one fry a battery.honest questions as ive never had issues with batteried outside the standard terrible con nect ones?

Upvote 0
Yea couldnt afford anything better

Actually its from my origional connect that was dropped and found by this guy.i guess 'friend'was not the best choice for words
Why woulda fried battery do that.it can just sit and reboot for hours.and how does one fry a battery.honest questions as ive never had issues with batteried outside the standard terrible con nect ones?

A fried batt. would cause a phone to constantly reboot cause it is struggling to get enough power to boot the phone completely. I'm not sure how one would go about frying a battery. I would think that running ur phone at its highest overclock speed, ours being 1.9ghz ( well its actually something like 1.8somthing, but it rounds up to 1.9ghz) i believe is the max our phones will go with either the blitz kernal or plague kernel for an extended period of use over the life of the batt. witch I'm sure is not the case with ur batt., right?, or the batt. has been submerged in a liquid for a time or it just gets old and won't hold a charge. I'm sure that there r other ways to fry or kill a batt. to the point where it is for u and constantly rebooting ur phone on u. These r all just my guesses and r just what I think that could cause a battery to b fried. I'm not sure if any of these r facts I'm just trying to help u figure out what could b going on with ur batt.

Reactions: adf527
Upvote 0
O yea by the way, my batt. does the same thing when it gets down to somewhere in between 25%-15% and sometimes it will do it at around a higher percentage just depends on what I'm doing at the time on my phone and how high its clocked at (within the normal range of stock speeds) until I plug my phone into the charger, and once it boots up the battery says it only has 5% or less. I also tryed the batt. calibration method but to no avail, but when I put the batt. from the motion in my connect I didn't have that problem no matter how low my batt. got. It shut off like normal after it got down to and used its last 1%. That's how I know my batt. is on its very last leg lolol :)

Upvote 0
So should i throw it out or whatever it is thats supposed to b done with batteries or anything to revive it

O no I'm not saying to throw out the idea of at least trying the batt. calabration method. I was just saying that it didn't really work for me is all, but that's just how my luck goes lol. U should give it a shot and c if it helps, and my bad for not being more clear about it

Upvote 0
O no I'm not saying to throw out the idea of at least trying the batt. calabration method. I was just saying that it didn't really work for me is all, but that's just how my luck goes lol. U should give it a shot and c if:cool: it helps, and my bad for not being more clear about it

Not only did i not throw it out but fixed it.......well at least bought it a lil more time.i combined the part of a battery thread on xda(sorry can't recall the exact one)but the part that it says absolutely do not do with anger and a lil 'f-it'.and bam....works.i ighthooked the red aband black wires to the positive and negitive on phone and put battery in and hooked it to my laptop as it said to get the constant 5 that laptops give.that didn't work at all so i hooked it sTraight to the wall for 12 hours like that 6 of which also had charger in the normal spot cause i was over it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones