• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Marvel901

May 12, 2011
I have had my SGSii for 6 or 8 weeks or so and I have been very pleased with it. Luckily have had none of the problems that others seem to have had except for one thing. People I called tended to say there was a terrible echo that made it difficult for anyone to understand me. I tried some experiments using the home answering machine and I could not understand myself.

Firstly I turned off the proximity sensor... no difference
then I tried the speaker phone.... much clearer so I thought there was something wrong with the phone internal mic.

Removed protective case to inspect microphone ...saw no dirt or anything but gave it a blow out and tried again ... much clearer. So feeling suitably chuffed that it was a bit unseen dirt I put the plastice protective case back on, made another call and it was back to echo and fuzzy sound.
Removed the protective case and it was clear again ..plastic case now binned.

Anybody had a similar experience???

Cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones