1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Wierd Contacts Problem in GAOSP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dakodon, Sep 17, 2010.

1. dakodon

dakodon Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Gujarat (INDIA)
    Can anybody help me out?

I am using latest (09/10/2010) GAOSP Nightly Built in my mobile. I have tried 3 different versions of GAOSP. I am using MyBackup Pro for backup and restoring my contacts and sms.

I noticed that my contacts are cloned everytime I install a new version of Nightly Built. I had originally around 600 contacts and now they are 2400 of them. 3 clones of each contact.

How to avoid this and also any application which can remove this clones.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Cabernetmaker
    France:
    Hi I have noticed lately on the nightly that you can not enter new contacts on the phone only sync them from Gmail, it's probably a bug, just have to wait until the beta release and hope it's fixed on it :)
    For your contacts you could try to remove them from "contacts" in Gmail,then re-sync, that is if you use a google contact account.Otherwise I hope someone else can help you out.

3. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Jobless
    New Delhi, India
    Do a complete wipe. I suppose you are installing the update over the installed ROM

4. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Jobless
    New Delhi, India
    IO accept this is a bug
    Even after having set up gmail on the phone My Backup Pro asked me to set up a google account first before it could restore my contacts. It restored everything but the contacts.

I then installed in from a previous .vcf file using VcardIO from the market

5. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Kri
    I always install (recover) my contacts from a saved .vcf file on my internal SD card and do the sync with google. No problems whatsoever with it.

6. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Never backup your contacts with BackupPro...that's the problem...and not GAOSP