1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wierd Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geewhiz, Dec 22, 2011.

1. geewhiz

geewhiz Well-Known Member

Lately I have been getting weird notifications on my phone.

A couple of times I have gotten a blue + sign saying
    "Winner? -> [1] New iPad2 - New android winner everyday! Claim (optout at xapush.com)"

I tapped on it thinking it was a text message but it tried to bring me to a website. I have gotten 3 in the last couple of days.

Just tonight I got a notification with a gray # saying:
    "su bin outdated" Tap to update su binary"

#$@% that. It all started after I flashed the 12-11 themed runnymede rom and installed 1 additional program that I've never used before called Mr Number. Has anyone gotten notifications like this before?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

You have an app pushing spam to your notifications.
    If I were you, I would wipe the phone clean and start over. Only install the core apps you use on a regular basis.
    I just started hearing about this type of spam.
    Sneaky b@$t@rd$! :(

9to5cynic, MusicJunkie and geewhiz like this.
  3. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

I have been getting the i pad one from sprint.

4. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

That may be the case for his mine was a notification in the pull down bar and had the sprint icon there I had to call them and opt out of receiving offers from them.

Granite1 likes this.
  5. geewhiz

geewhiz Well-Known Member

Hmm. Messed up. It is 1 of 3 apps, coming from sprint, or something in the Rom. Since this rom, I have only installed Mr Number, HP ePrint, or Windows Live app... in addition to apps I've already been using forever.

6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

yes advertisers will use any means necessary to screw up a good thing

7. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Damn, what rom are you guys who are getting this on? I'd hate to see it pollute my phone. Got a couple of texts like this when I first got my evo and I blocked the damn number online.

(okay, it wasn't the exact same, it was like 'From: 55555 - Hey there, I have a picture of you MYSTERIOUS_URL ... I knew it wasn't anything of me, because of my anti social behavior ;) )

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews