• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wierd problem guys. Help.

Every day at 2:00pm Central, my clock jumps ahead by one hour. This started about 3 days ago. I turn the phone off then back on and the clock is right. I doubt it is anything hardware. I don't want to swap my phone since I was one of the lucky ones that got a perfect one.

Any ideas?

Well, it doesn't sound like you got a perfect one, huh? :D

Or, perhaps you got an even more perfect one, and you're time traveling.

Upvote 0
Well, it doesn't sound like hardware or software. Unless there is another app that's running that is trying to update the system clock incorrectly. I saw a thread here some time ago where somebody reported the same thing...but I never saw if or how they resolved it.

The phone is syncing it's time with whatever tower it's connected to though. Another, less likely cause could be a wonky cell tower that's putting out bad time zone info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones