1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Wierd problem guys. Help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mpbond, Jun 30, 2010.

1. mpbond

mpbond Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Best Buy
    St. Louis
    Every day at 2:00pm Central, my clock jumps ahead by one hour. This started about 3 days ago. I turn the phone off then back on and the clock is right. I doubt it is anything hardware. I don't want to swap my phone since I was one of the lucky ones that got a perfect one.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    What are your date & time settings? Are you set to automatic? Do you live close to a time zone border?

3. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Well, it doesn't sound like you got a perfect one, huh? :D

Or, perhaps you got an even more perfect one, and you're time traveling.

4. mpbond

mpbond Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Best Buy
    St. Louis
    Time settings are on automatic. I'm in St. Louis so I'm not real close to a time zone.

As far as perfect, I meant hardware wise, obviously not software.

5. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Well, it doesn't sound like hardware or software. Unless there is another app that's running that is trying to update the system clock incorrectly. I saw a thread here some time ago where somebody reported the same thing...but I never saw if or how they resolved it.

The phone is syncing it's time with whatever tower it's connected to though. Another, less likely cause could be a wonky cell tower that's putting out bad time zone info.

6. mpbond

mpbond Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Best Buy
    St. Louis
    Its wierd, i dont blame the update since it happened before that, i just cant think of what app might be causing it. I havent installed anything recently. I did read something about the HTC clock widget being messed up, maybe Ill try a different clock.

Tags: