1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Wierd reset, shut off.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bapestachris, Nov 27, 2009.

1. bapestachris

bapestachris New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Hi my name is chris and i just registered to the android forms. i have noticed a few problems with my droid (but still loves it). ive had my phone reset on my a handfull amount of time, one when im making a call, it seems to freeze the call making it impossible for me to drop or navigate anywhere. other times have happend randomly while browsing or while playing with apps. Another big problem i had is my droid turning off without me knowing before i go to sleep. I woke up this morning without the alarm clock because it had turned off! i tried turning it back on but nothing happend, i had to take out the battery and wait for a while, put it back in then it started up again. I cant have this happening if im going to rely on it to wake me up for work. Anyone else experiencing this problem??

Advertisement

2. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Student
    Philly
    This is very uncommon but it may be a result of additional apps. Improper installation of openhome (I believe) did this to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it stopped. Just to cover yourself, I'd swap out for another droid to ensure that it's not just a defect in the device itself since it seems to be happening with quite some frequency.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    These things don't happen on properly functioning devices. I have never had my Droid restart or shut down without my telling it to. Others who have had restarting / powering off problems have replaced their device and found that the new one works just fine.

4. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Female
    Can someone tell me how to restart/reboot my moto droid with out having to turn it off then on again?