1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wierd 'Tx' messages ???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mike2777, Sep 3, 2011.

1. mike2777

mike2777 Newbie

Hi guys, first post on here, so be gentle lol. Im using the Desire S, but this also happened on my last phone (desire) and im wondering if it has anything to do with my long ongoing problem,,, I randomley recieve wierd tx's, were it would normally say the senders name/number, all that shows is a 'triangle followed by an @ sign' on opening the tx, it remains the same but with an added : symbol on the end. I have no idea were these are coming from, any help would be fantastic, as im trying to find out if this is a problem with my account at orange, ie tied into my number, so all you experts have a look and see if you can help.

1, people ringing me and the phone going straight to answer machine, then sometime later I recieve a message stating I had a missed call.
    2, Tx messages are at best 'random' I can send them, but most of the time I cant rely on recieving them. Coming through hours after they have been sent to me.

Its an ongoing problem with orange, they agreed to cancel my last contract coz they did'nt know what was going on, so I took out another contract with them, because I had the standard 2 week to return the phone, but all was fine for about a month and a half, and bang, its off again, driving me to the point of distraction. My girlfriend is on orange, and doesn't have any problems, so its not a signal issue, ruled out sim card, as I got a new one with the phone, the phone itself could also be ruled out, as its happened on 3 phones now, samsung s8000, desire, and desire s, but has become gradually worse.

Any info at all would be a lifesaver, as im at my wits end, regards, Mike.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. HHPP00

HHPP00 Newbie

I have the same thing, but only after turning on my Desire S after it's crashed randomly. I just get one message with the delta triangle followed by @ and only in that specific case of the phone crashing. I have absolutely no idea what it is. As far as I'm aware you're the only other person who's mentioned this on the forum.

So what did Orange say when you asked them about this? I haven't bothered calling them as it's not too much of an inconvenience in my case...

3. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast

@mike2777

Re your first problem. See this thread, especially the video. It's a known fault, at least to this forum, where it's been mentioned several times. There don't seem to be any hard and fast fixes for it.

On your second problem, as it's happened with different phones and SIM cards, it sounds like a network issue and not specific to your current phone.

4. mike2777

mike2777 Newbie

@notebook, thanks for the reply, spotted the thread earlier and posted on there too. Would just like to know who is responsible for fixing this problem ??? How do you contact HTC directly. As I am now convinced that this update is the problem, and the factory reset doesn't wipe the new data,,,just everything on the phone.

5. mike2777

mike2777 Newbie

Orange are at best confused,one bloke says its normal, and seems to be something to do with android phones, everyone else says they haven't got a clue, which is quite scary really, if the company that provide your service, cant even identify messages that are being sent to your phone. I dont have the crash problem your having though,,, just randomly get the wierd tx's at the rate of around 2 a month ???

6. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast

@mike2777

If you have a contract with Orange, then I'd hold them responsible. As far as I know, if you send your phone directly to HTC, then they're under no obligation to give a temporary replacement phone or other safegaurds that you get as an Orange customer.

That said, this problem doesn't appear to be easily fixable, nor necessarily related to the software update. On a related thread regarding O2 phones, the HTC employed technicians don't seem to have the resources to rollback a phone to an earlier carrier's ROM, which would represent one way of attempting to fix this issue. Perhaps Orange have different resources, or perhaps they use the same technicians as HTC...

To have HTC look at your phone, you need to call their customer services on 08458900079.

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews