• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wife has installed apps on my phone.from tracking to having someone take total control of my phone..

Considering that this phone is practically unrootable, do the following.

Back up your personal data including any media and messages
Remove all accounts from your phone including the Google account. (this will turn off FRP)
Log into your Google account from a PC and change the password, AND enable 2-step verification.
Factory reset your phone.
Login using the new password.
Set a screen lock.

Do not share your phone, password or screen lock with your wife and you should be clear of everything you think she's got installed.

Upvote 0
She uses my phone all the time.she has installed app icons that look real but they are not. Some of them take screenshots and send them to her. Or take recording if I send a message it is sent to her.my emails go to her as well it sends her screenshot of every web site I go to. I'm not sure of how. And yesterday morning I found her account from play store and looked. In it got a message from a person named 1010 I didn't respond and a few minutes later they started attacking my phone moving all her files. And I could do nothing and I'm sure there is malware still on here.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to figure out what to do in the meantime.

Since you are sure your phone security is compromised and you continue to let your phone out of your control, then I would simply not do anything with the phone that would include personal information or get you into trouble. Until you're ready to lock down your own phone and/or get the wife her own so she doesn't 'need' yours, there's not much else to do.

Upvote 0
You could set up a guest account and let her use only that. This keeps everything in your own account separate:
https://www.greenbot.com/article/30...e-when-you-let-someone-borrow-your-phone.html

But really, at this point since she already has complete, unfettered access to your phone, there's little more you can do until you actually take steps to regain control of it. You need to back up all your data, do a Factory Reset, go through the arduous process of restoring all your data, and then be sure to set up a lock screen. Once all that's done, enable a guest account and then whenever she wants to use your phone make sure unlock it and set it to that guest account before handing it over to her.

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0
huh, ive just read through thread and im surprise everyone seems to believe this guy.

chances that the guy is making it all up? ehh 75%

chances that he has a defective or infected phone that has nothing to do with his wife, and he is crazy and/or paranoid? ehh maybe 20%

chances that his wife [installed fake apps] [takes screen shots and sends to her][etc]? 5%? nah to high, maybe 0.5%

Reactions: RootBeerGuy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones