• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wife in line at VZW and its....

I got there at 8 am EST. I was the only one there until about 8:15. They started letting people in around 8:40 am. There was about 10 total. The HTC rep that was there took my picture since I was the first customer. I also got a $50 corporate discount (not eligible for NE2 until 7/25) which I was not expecting! I also picked up the extended battery (2750 so almost twice the capacity of the stock battery) for $37.50 (25% discount applied). So I consider this a good morning!

Upvote 0
Only got 2 people waiting. I thought there would be at least 10+ people there.
The ThunderBolt will be a limited device, with all the release problem between VZW and HTC and with the fact that the Incredible 2 will be here soon. Look for the ThunderBolt to be a limited device only out for a few months.
And remember the Thunderbolt was granted only conditional approval by vzw.

HTC Thunderbolt granted conditional approval by Verizon, could be on sale soon -- Engadget Mobile#

Upvote 0
Not to mention, with Apple, you only see lines @ Apple Stores, because there are so few throughout the country (well, more now, but still, a lot less compared to all the corporate stores and 3rd party retailers). you don't see tons of lines on iphone launches @ AT&T stores.

that said, each store will get a lot less than the apple store would, so you run the risk of sellout more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones