• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wife's phone still on 1.5, want to root it...

Okay, if I follow the guide here, http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html, do I do steps I, II, and for step III, use the "sense-able" ROM instead ?

yep. and after you get root, i would recommend getting a program called titanium...makes installiong your backs up piece of cake....and after all your settings and apps been reinstalled, do a NAND backup so that if she messes something up, you just go right back to it

Upvote 0
Just be sure to follow the steps exactly when installing the sense-able rom, like wiping the data and etc. The first time i didn't wipe the data and the phone kept rebooting over and over, so i wiped the data and reflashed it and all was well.

But yeah do steps 1 and 2 and then instead of flashing the rom they suggest use sense-able v2.0, don't worry about .7, go straight to 2.0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones