1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Wifes S7 edge battery is different than mine?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by behrprofl, Oct 14, 2017.

1. behrprofl

behrprofl Member
    None

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    North Port, Florida
    https://imgur.com/a/FFVY2

So my wife had her s7 edge screen replaced by uBreakIFix, claim filed through Asurion.

The back wasnt fully put back on (they had to go back and reconnect the microphone and when they did they never put new adhesive on (deadbeats).

I took her case off today and the back was opening and I realized it wasnt closing all the way because the battery was elevated. Mine is completely flat and hers has a bump to it. What did they do? This was done in april and she never took her case off until I did this week so were outside there warranty. They refuse to return my emails or phone calls. Ill be stopping in there tomorrow and it wont be pretty but in the meantime does anyone know whats up with this back/battery? The glass backing wont close because of it...

https://imgur.com/a/FFVY2

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Well it looks like the battery is bloated, in that it seems rather rounded out compared to the other one. Which is actually a very dangerous condition, like there's a real chance it could catch fire like a Note7. I suggest you stop using it immediately.

As for uBreakIFix, no idea who they are, but I presume they're NOT Samsung authorized service agents. If they're not talking to you, and presumably they caused the problem, think you might have to seek legal action against them. Maybe they didn't handle the battery correctly, maybe they short circuited it which could cause it to bloat.

BTW are they a Canadian operation?
    ubreak.png

#2 mikedt, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Hadron, lunatic59, svim and 1 other person like this.
  3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    I agree with @mikedt that bulge in a smartphone battery is a bad sign, take that phone to a different repair shop sooner rather than later. That bulge is a build-up of gasses, which can result in an eventual situation where the battery self-ignites. Also, even it it doesn't burst it's bad for the phone itself as that bulge can damage internal components.
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/battery_testing_and_safety

Hadron likes this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Completely agree with all of the above. Please have your wife stop using it right away and turn it off completely. Even if they didn't cause the problem (and I would bet they did, maybe just by opening the phone carelessly) shouldn't it be covered under your service agreement with them? I really don't understand their reluctance to fix it.

Hadron and svim like this.
  5. today

today Android Expert

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    spanaway washington
    The battery bloating could have contributed to the original screen breakage.

lunatic59 likes this.
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Very very true. :thumbsupdroid::thumbsupdroid::thumbsupdroid:

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.