1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi/3G and syncing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jasf, Jun 23, 2011.

1. jasf

jasf Member
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    I got the charge a few days ago and am still evaluating if its for me.
    I've noticed a couple of things that I dont know if are normal or if I have a setting wrong maybe.

Do I need to turn off the default SMS application? I downloaded (i think) gosms and decided to use that one. I noticed yesterday I was getting two alerts per text b.c. I had both set to alert. I changed the alert settings and now only get one. However if the default is running in the background is it wasting battery?

When I turn on Wifi, should the 3G radio be inactive even if I don't switch it over to off manually. I noticed last night the phone looked like it was trying to send data over the 3G network even though I was fully connected to wifi. It wasn't all the time but every so often. (my initial guess is backup assistant.)

What is the recommended settings for syncing? I am using the gmail app and it appears to be either always sync or manual no check every 30 min type of setting. I guess when I am at work i.e. with email open I can turn off the sync with the power settings app arrow button.

Overall the phone is great, as my first Droid and first smartphone its a bit overwhelming just how many options there are.

Advertisement