1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi/4g not showing after upgrade "Stock Internet" and Chrome

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pinkybrain, Jan 9, 2014.

1. pinkybrain

pinkybrain Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 12, 2012
    Went from 4.2 to 4.3 and the stock internet no longer shows the wifi/4g, battery, etc...on the top right of the phone. Chrome shows it but when I click on it, it creates a second step because when I click on the chrome icon, it doesn't take me to the google homepage. If all the tabs have been closed out it simply takes me to a black screen with the chrome logo in the background in white with "new tab" on the top left...I want to just be able to click the icon and it to be at google.com or yahoo.com or whatever...I don't want to have extra steps and I want to be able to visually see if the wifi somewhere dropped and I went to 4g...I can't find any settings to change this

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    See FriedSaTiva's post, "4.3 completely messed up my phone". Everyone is having different bugs. (Yours isn't really a bug, they just changed some things you preferred the old way.) "Downdate" to 4.2.2 if you prefer it.

3. pinkybrain

pinkybrain Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 12, 2012

Actually, we bought 2 new phones from the same place (neither are mine) and they had different OS...Since neither getting the phones are very savvy on them, I thought it would help to at least keep them consistent. I don't mind swapping out browsers and settings but figured I was just missing something.

Can you "downdate" at any time? (can I wait to see if I have any issues with both running 4.3)