1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General WIFI always connected

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Solangeburgas, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Solangeburgas

Solangeburgas Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2016
    Male
    I set my WIFI to be active when charging only. This set has work perfect several weeks, meaning when the phone is in stand by the WIFI disconects and auto reconnect when I unlock my device.
    But for two days now the wifi stay alive all time despite seetings "only when charging"
    I try to change settings to "never" but wifi still on. I come back to "when charging only" but wifi keeped alive all time.
    Restart, wipe cache, turn off and on WIFI, cycle though WIFI settings - no result.
    This is happend out of the blue, i did not change any settings or install any new app

Power saving is off, but even if turn this to on WIFI will stay alive all time

Advertisement

#1 Solangeburgas, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  2. superlala

superlala Lurker
    None

May 15, 2016
    Leave it off for a minute and see if it actually turns off. When it is off, hold the network you're always connected to in wifi and choose "forget network". OR

Go to Settings>Backup and reset>Reset all networks, these are for wifi, bluetooth and mobile data

Solangeburgas likes this.
  3. Solangeburgas

None

May 19, 2016
    Male
    I leaved for 30 min, wifi still active. I try forget and reconnect introducing pass again, wifi still active
    But Reset all network has solved the problem
    Thank you

4. Solangeburgas

None

May 19, 2016
    Male
    After one month another reset is need, WIFI stay again always connected no matter is I say "only charging" or "never. And reset did the job again. Don't know for how long.
    For me Android looks like an experimental / beta soft. I will try a custom ROM, is hard to believe this can be more unstable than stock ROM.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Is it a carrier version phone you've got there, like Sprint or something?

6. Solangeburgas

None

May 19, 2016
    Male
    No, is the unlocked version
    After resetting network settings wifi has disconnected only once Now stay connected all time I wait more than 1 hour but wifi dont want to disconnect
    I already try: reset network setting, conect at multiple wifi 2.4 and 5 ghz, toggle wifi off and on, erase manualy wifi network (forget this network), multiple try between charging only and never stay alive Multiple restart, wipe cache partition No result, wifi connected all time
    I did not receive any update in last 3 weeks, dont install any new app or modify something in my settings
    If any idea will be provide i will sure try

#6 Solangeburgas, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  7. Solangeburgas

None

May 19, 2016
    Male
    I had One Drive set for camera uploads, by WFI only. Some guy tell me that app could keep my WIFI always connected. I though is strange because i use this app, with camera uploads, from month ago and the WIIF disconnects as it shold be.
    But i give it a try and disable One Drive. Voila, this is Christmas again and WIFI disconnects in 5-15 min from the time when i lock the screen. I dont see how this is possible but the facts argue my thoughts, looks like One Drive was the culprit. Now i have to wait and see for how long this will work., maybe it was just a happening

superlala likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.