1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi auto connect doesn't work anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bupitz, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Bupitz

Bupitz Lurker

Hi guys.
    Since a week now my S5 doesn't automatically connect to my home's WiFi (I didn't change anything in my WiFi configuration).
    At first I thought it is a router problem but my wife's S4 Mini doesn't have this issue.
    My S5 detects my WiFi network but it shows it with "Secured" ... :thinking:
    Plus, I saw a trick: if I turn ON the Airplane Mode and then I turn it OFF then it connects again to my WiFi.

I'm really confused and annoyed because now I have to enter my password everyday in order to connect to my WiFi :mad:

I rebooted the phone, plug out the battery and SIM, tried to turn WiFi Power Save Mode OFF in the *#0011# menu but nothing worked ... any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

are you rooted? custom rom?

3. Bupitz

Bupitz Lurker

I'm not rooted nor have custom ROM

Attached Files:

4. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

Did you try rebooting the router? I usually shut everything down and uplug the router, wait a minute and plug it back in and let it reboot. I find once in a great while if I have a wireless device that won't communicate with it right that solves it. Mary

5. Bupitz

Bupitz Lurker

Of course I did that. I also changed my Wifi's name to one I never used, changed the Wifi channel also without success :(

6. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

If it connects outside the house to other wifi like at the coffee shop and such then I would think it's something to do with the router and not the phone, weird. Next thing I would try is contact the maker of the router for tech support as they know their product best. Mary

7. txrxio

txrxio Well-Known Member

My wife has noticed this problem on her S5, although it is intermittent for her. Mine has no problem. She solves it by turning wifi off then back on, in IT Crowd style.

8. kyubikai

kyubikai Lurker

You can use another root. I think will be ok.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews