1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi autoconnect issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Timmer1992, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Timmer1992

Timmer1992 Newbie

My phone randomly connects to open wifi networks i have never been connected to. So i have done some looking around and have found a few threads about this same issue on other devices. It always seems to be the same answers. Turn off notify of open wifi networks, turn off connections optimizer, forget the network from your network list, or turn off wifi when youre travelling. None of these answers address the actual issue. I have the s7 edge with verizon, i can not find an equivilant of the sprint connections optimizer on my verizon phone. The networks its connecting to are mostly open networks with sign in portals. It randomly connects to them while i am abroad driving around causing connection issues while im streaming music. I have never connected the phone to an open network. I use two networks. One at home and one at work. I have turned off show wifi popup, smart network switch, wifi notifications and passpoint. It will still connect to these random networks. Turning wifi off is an option but with my limited data plan i tend to forget to turn it back on. Most importantly i shouldnt have to deal with this. My original droid still will only connect to networks i tell it about.

2. Shootr

Shootr Well-Known Member

Mine will not auto-connect to my home or work networks - just a notification they are available and then I have to manually tap to connect every time I wake the phone.

Any idea what setting I'm overlooking?

#2 Shootr, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  3. Shootr

Shootr Well-Known Member

Going to bump this up again.

My S7 only connects to my home WiFi sporadically. Sometimes it will connect automatically, other times I just get a notification network is available and I have to manually connect to it.

Tried restarting the phone, checking all kinds of settings - I can't figure it out.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews