• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi/Bluetooth wont turn on

No_Smoking

Lurker
Sep 19, 2010
Hey all, so I've not been getting much help via Samsung email and their phone lines always seem to be busy..

I thought I would try and get some help from you guys.

My Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) doesn't seem to want to turn on the WiFi (or Bluetooth for that matter). When I slide the wifi button to ON, it turns grey and hangs there. It never actually turns on. The same happens with Bluetooth.

A few days prior to it just hanging, the wifi slider button would cycle on and off repeatedly. I have a video of that here.

I have reset my tablet a few times and it does not fix anything. and it is not my router because, well, the wifi on the tablet doesnt turn on to even attempt to connect to it (but just to rule it out, I did power cycle my router, which provided no fix)

I've done a bit of research on this issue but I have not found anything similar to my problem. Most people assume its a router problem.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

hey man. i have the exact same problem and i cant seem to figure out what the issue is. did you ever find out what it was?

Hey there.
The problem fixed on its own actually. I factory reset it and left it in my living room for about a week searching for a box to send it to Samsung.

By the time I found a box, I figured I would power it down for shipping so I turned it off. After it was off I thought maybe I should check it one more time. Powered it back on and sure enough the wifi connected with no problems. Its been working fine now for about a month or two.

I have absolutely no idea what happened or why it started working again. I fear it will do it again after the warranty expires.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones