1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Wifi/BT/etc switcher with 5x1 layout?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sfocata, Jul 28, 2011.

1. sfocata

sfocata Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Freelance musician
    Surrey, UK
    I've browsed all the relevant threads I could find, and haven't found anything, so...

I'm looking for a way of easily switching various things on my Desire's home screen. All the customizable switcher widgets (I'm using Extended Controls, and also have Widgetsoid) seem to be limited to having four switches in a row.

But the standard Power Control has 5 switches in a row... it just isn't customisable. Anyone know of a customisable widget that uses a narrower switch design to fit in 5?

Advertisement

2. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    I have a switcher I made with widgetsoid that has 9 switches, fits into a 4x1 spot on the screen.

I'm not sure what you're asking, you want 5 switches or you want it to take a 5x1 space on the screen?

edit: mine's somewhat like one of the ones in the right pic but mine has more stuff and no text labels on it. http://pt.appbrain.com/app/widgetsoid-alternative-icons/com.widgetsoid

3. sfocata

sfocata Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Freelance musician
    Surrey, UK
    I'd like 5 switches (or more, I guess) but fitting into the 4x1 width available on the Desire... like the native Power Control widget.

I hadn't realised such a thing was possible with Widgetsoid... only downloaded it earlier today, but will have a more detailed look now.

4. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011

Good deal. Making the widgets themselves in widgetsoid seems kind of unintuitive and weird at first but once you get it going you don't have to do anything special for skinny buttons, you just keep adding buttons and it sizes them right on its own.

5. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I use an app called "Quicksettings". Its not a widget, but it can be placed on a home screen as a shortcut or in the notifications bar. (Just pull down the notification bar and select Quicksettings.) It can be customized with as many buttons as you like. I really like it and its easy to use. Best thing about it is, I can access all my buttons from any home screen and any app, since it's in the notification bar.

6. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    I use Widgetsoid and love it. It can do almost anything. If that doesn't work for you there is another app called Elixir that will do what you want. Elixir also has some nice information screens about your phone.

7. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    I have 6 switches on my Widgetsoid2 4x1 widget, you can pretty much make it with as many as you want and make it look like anything you want:
    (Also Widgetsoid 1x1 Brightness and Hotspot widgets)

[​IMG]

8. sfocata

sfocata Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Freelance musician
    Surrey, UK
    Excellent, thanks chaps!

And thanks to itsallgood for reminding me about Quicksettings... I can think of a use for that, too.